Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- If accepted for HERDC points from publication in Orbit then the article cannot be published elsewhere.
- All those whose names appear as authors should have played a significant role in designing or carrying out the research, writing the manuscript or providing extensive guidance to the execution of the project.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or PDF document file format and the paper is formatted according to the Author guidelines.
- The text adheres to the Style guidelines outlined.
- The Harvard referencing style has been used according to the author guidelines.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The locations of the linked files are clearly indicated and labelled within the document.
- Any images, graphs or diagrams obtained from another source will need to have copyright clearance obtained by the author from the copyright holder.