About the Journal
Focus and Scope
IJISME is a scholarly forum for the dissemination of research and exemplary evidence-based and innovative practice in science and mathematics education. Contributions are welcome in relation to teaching and learning science and mathematics in a variety of educational settings. Please see the previously published Issues for an indication of the subjects covered in published papers which include, for example:
• Teaching and learning innovations, experiences, resources, strategies and assessments which enhance student understanding;
• Curriculum development initiatives;
• Strategies focussed on understanding of difficult concepts;
• Teacher education initiatives;
• Approaches to teaching STEM;
• Transnational programs;
• Student perceptions of resources or strategies;
• Comparison of approaches to teaching particular concepts;
• Use of language and strategies for Indigenous learners;
• Integration of technology into the curriculum.
We welcome the submission of papers from 4000 to 6000 words for double-blind refereeing.
Peer Review Process
IJISME uses a review process that meets requirements for peer review of research publications. Reviewers will receive a paper devoid of the authors’ names and institutions in order to ensure objectively and anonymity.
Submissions will be forwarded to 2 reviewers and authors can generally expect to receive a response within four to six months of submission.
Criteria used to review submission include:
Clarity of goals of the research or development
Quality of literature review and consistency with relevant literature
Adequacy of the research method or teaching development and accuracy of the data analysis
Presentation and interpretation of findings, inferences and conclusions
Implications for practice, theory and/or policy
Inclusion of appropriate implications for practice, theory and/or policy, as relevant
Standard of writing/presentation including grammar, writing style, clarity of ideas, use of non-sexist language
Originality and importance
IJISME will have at least two Issues each year.
Individual papers will be published as soon as they are ready and will be added to the current issue's Table of Contents.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.