Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it being considered for another journal.
- The text adheres to the formatting and referencing requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- No information revealing the identities of the author(s) is included in the manuscript itself.
- All authors' details have been included in the metadata at the time of submission
- Information, where appropriate, regarding ethics approval from the author's institution is included in the paper.
- The author/s have read the Copyright Notice and have permission for any reproduction.
Theoretical and discursive articlesTheoretical and discursive papers: discuss the nature and academic standing of theories about research into and the practice of science and mathematics education. Theoretical papers can be written from a particular historical or philosophical perspective. Critical reviews and analyses of the research literature about a certain topic or theme fall into this category.
Empirical research papers: are accounts of empirical investigations that are embedded in a critical review of relevant literature. Manuscripts should include an account of the methodology including data collection and anaylsis, a discussion of the results or findings and conclusions drawn. Ethics approval must be included where applicable.
Curriculum development and innovation
Curriculum development and innovation papers: report on approaches to curriculum design and implementation and teaching and learning strategies or resources in science and mathematics education.